I’ve been recently forwarded one of these.
Even unto their bans, Quora Moderation is not specific.
May none of you, esteemed readers, ever see this in your mailboxes.
[fill in date-time here] PDT
Hi [fill in user first name here],
Quora believes that all members of the community should make an effort to contribute helpful content to the community and, ultimately, make the site a better resource for all.
The following are some of the reasons for which we will ban an account:
- They vandalize content on the site that is editable by everyone, including questions (https://www.quora.com/What-is-Qu…) and answer summaries.
- They engage in one or more actions which violate the Be Nice, Be Respectful policy (https://www.quora.com/What-are-Quoras-two-key-policy-principles). These actions may relate to questions, answers, or comments.
- They post a significant number of questions (https://www.quora.com/What-kind-…), answers (https://www.quora.com/Why-are-answers-and-reviews-on-Quora-collapsed), and/or comments that aren’t helpful.
- They repeatedly violate Quora policies (https://www.quora.com/What-are-major-policies-and-guidelines-on-Quora) and/or do not change their behavior after receiving a content warning.
- The account is linked to suspicious and/or malicious activity.
After reviewing your activity on Quora, we’ve determined that you violated one or more of the reasons stated above. Unfortunately, the ban on your account will not be overturned. This decision is final, and you will no longer be able to use Quora.