Does the study of language have an -ology word, or is it simply linguistics?

The study of language has an -ology word in Greek (unsurprisingly enough): γλωσσολογία /ɣlosoloɣia/, “language-ology”. Italian uses the more Attic version sometimes as well: glottologia.

Beyond those, yeah, linguistics.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *