- Pim Fortuyn. That gay guy who hated Muslims and got killed.
- William Of Orange. That guy the Dutch National Anthem is about.
- Antoine van Leeuwenhoek. That microscope dude.
- Desiderius Erasmus. That guy who was the premier scholar of his age.
- Anne Frank. With the diary.
- Rembrandt Van Rijn. The paintings guy.
- Vincent van Gogh. The other paintings guy.
- Christiaan Huygens. Optics dude.
- Freddy Heineken. Beer dude, got kidnapped.
- Baruch de Spinoza. Nature Is God philosopher dude.
- M.C. Escher. Every geek’s favourite graphic artist.
- Queen Beatrix. Or whoever the second last queen was.
- Hendrik Lorentz. The guy whose equations Einstein used.
- Abel Tasman. The guy who discovered Tasmania.
- Johannes Vermeer. The other other paintings guy.
- Thomas à Kempis. The mediaeval theologian guy.
- Willem III of Orange. The Glorious Revolution guy. Mr Queen Anne.
- Piet Mondriaan. The painter guy with all the squares.
- Paul Verhoeven. Showgirls. Enough said. (19/100)
- John de Mol. Isn’t he the guy who invented Reality TV? *Checks* Yeah. Screw that guy.
- Bernard Haitink. Conductor guy.
- Koning Lodewijk Napoleon. Oh, that’s cute. Calling him by a Dutch name doesn’t make him any less a rent-a-king Napoleon dropped off out of his family progeny.
- Pieter Brueghel. That painter dude with the bleak landscapes, that Pat Nixon namechecks in Nixon in China.
- Louis Andriessen. Hey, I remember him, he’s the dissonant minimalism guy with a bug up his ass about the Canon. I liked De Staat, actually.
24/200, but I’m sure a couple of those are technicalities.
I tied with Peter Flom, which surprises me.
Missing from the list:
- Edsger W. Dijkstra. Goto shall forever more be considered harmful.
- Dirk Christiaan Hesseling. Pioneer of Greek linguistics and creole linguistics.
- Yolanda Hadid. For being less nuts than the other women on Real Housewives of Beverley Hills. Not a high bar, I acknowledge.
That was awesome fun, Jordan. Let’s do it again some time!