Thanks a bunch, Quora, for blocking Answer Wikis on new questions.
- Are there banned names in the U.S.?
- Kinda, though First Amendment
- 22 Outlawed Baby Names From Around the World
- Vignesh Chandrasekaran’s answer to What are some strange things banned in countries? (71 names in New Zealand)
- “Since 1995, legislation has provided a set of rules for acceptable names for New Zealanders where a name, or combination of names, should not cause offence, be unreasonably long, or resemble an official title or rank.”
- Christian R. Vornberg’s answer to Do parents really have the right to name their children anything they want?
- “In Austria, the rules are quite strict. The name has to be proven to exist.”