Some celebrity nicknames are funny, and ingenious, and a sign that you have made it big, if you have an instantly recognizable nickname.
On the other hand, some celebrity nicknames show familiar contempt for celebrities, and I like those too. Australian bent in these.
- Madge for Madonna
- This. So delightfully pulling her down a peg.
- Jacko or Wacko Jacko for Michael Jackson
- The Silver Budgie for Bob Hawke
- Silver-haired, short
- The Singing Budgie for Kylie Minogue
- Sings, short
- The Mad Monk for Tony Abbott
- Former seminarian, volatile, social conservative
- Dipper for Robert DiPierdomenico
- Farnsey and Barnsey for John Farnham and Jimmy Barnes
- The rhyme was used as a commentary on the uniformity of Australian rock radio being monopolised by them