I’ll start by posting Gigi J Wolf’s limitations, and how I’ve broken them:
For my own part:
- If my answer is supplemental or complementary to a good answer, I will signpost that good answer with “Vote #1 [User Who Posted A Better Answer]
- If you are nasty to me in comments, I *usually* won’t take the bait, I’ll just ignore you. Usually.
- 15 months in, no BNBR warnings. Hope to keep it that way.
- If I choose to answer in an adult topic, I’ll at least consider doing so anonymously, out of concern about giving unnecessary offence to my followers. Otherwise, God no. I am who I am, and if you don’t like me as a package, don’t follow me.
- I will swear in posts as rhetorically appropriate. I do not consider that a BNBR violation.
- I may write longwinded, ranty, stream-of-consciousness humorous answers from time to time. But I still strive to put an underlying serious argument in there, that addresses the question. Even if it’s a survey question.
- I’m OK with putting up comments in languages other than English, but only as banter with someone I know.
- If I like you enough, I will make up a nickname for you. My Opɯdʒɯlɯklɑr In Exile blog lists them periodically.
- I still view reporting with distaste, because of my annoyances with Quora Moderation; but I no longer refuse to report. I used to: (I will not hit your Report button by Nick Nicholas on The Insurgency)
- I use the downvote sparingly. The contribution has to be blatantly stupid and/or irrelevant, and I penalise irrelevant much more than stupid.