Another data point:
- Routinely served to tourists, as an exotic offering. Like crocodile is.
- Available in gourmet restaurants on occasion, as an exotic offering.
- I’ve had it two or three times. The last time, in an Ethiopian tagine.
- Available in supermarkets, but not plentiful in supermarkets.
- Very plentiful as pet food.
- Very lean meat, so very easy to overcook.
- Has not captured the people’s imagination, it must be said. Australians have changed their staple meats (from rabbit to chicken), and Australians pride themselves on being foodies; but there has not been a groundswell of enthusiasm about roo meat.