- The only time the city-states of Ancient Greece rallied to a common cause
- Therefore, a formative event in the understanding of Greek identity (not least, because it was defined as not-barbarian)
- Leaving out the inconvenient fact that the Greeks of Ionia had long accommodated themselves to Persian rule
- A formative event in the history of writing history—it was the driver behind Herodotus; and hence, in the history of writing Greek history
- A defensive war that the Greeks won (so, a Good War)
Answered 2016-08-10 · Upvoted by , Military Officer, War Veteran.