I was 8: it was the flight on which we returned to Greece from Australia for four years: 1979. Singapore Airlines, I believe.
I don’t remember much about the last time I flew to Sydney, let alone anything from the ’70s. But I do remember:
- Cool exotic beverages, the like of which I had never had. In the 90s, it was Ginger Ale. In the 70s, it was mineral water.
- Me commenting to the stewardess that this mineral water stuff tasted cool.
- It was somehow a fun adventure.
- It certainly felt more luxurious than the bus with wings experience I’ve had the last 20 years.
- And we got Singapore Airlines playing cards! And they were cool!
- And we stopped over at Perth! And that was so cool! Because it was still in Australia, but it was so so SO far away from Launceston!